Anvil Game Studios
Based in Malta
March 5th, 2020
Holdfast: Nations At War is an online multiplayer first and third person shooter focusing on a combination of teamwork and individual skill. Take part in historic clashes on land and at sea waged by the most powerful nations during the great Napoleonic Era. Charge into battle with over 150 players per server!
Development on Anvil Game Studios’ debut title ‘Holdfast: Nations At War’ officially started in June 2014. The idea was to create a competitive and teamwork oriented multiplayer game inspired by the Napoleonic Era. This setting meant that the game's mechanics were developed based on the tools of the time; muskets, cannon and warships from the golden age of sail.Steam Early Access
Holdfast: Nations At War was made available for purchase through Steam’s Early Access program on September the 21st 2017.Version 1.0 Release
Having spent more than two years pushing updates to deliver on the promises set out in the roadmap all the while acting on feedback put forward by its dedicated community, ‘Version 1.0’ saw a successful release on the 5th of March 2020. Anvil Game Studios will continue to support ‘Holdfast: Nations At War’ with additional features and content following its full release.
- Fight On Multiple Fronts - Take part in historic clashes on land, at sea and the coast! Embark on territorial conquests with the army, control waters with the navy or defend the shoreline with the coast guard.
- Battlefield Roles - Steadfast men in the ranks and take lead as an officer, fire devastating musket volleys while standing shoulder to shoulder, support the fight from the rear with artillery, construct defences or boldly charge with bayonet equipped. Every class comes with its own traits and abilities which are crucial for your team’s survival.
- Ride To Glory - Ride into battle with your trusty steed and engage the enemy with swords, pistols and carbines from horseback. Mounted Hussar, Cuirassier and Dragoon classes quickly traverse the field of battle. Gallop away now as tides of glory await!
- Warring Nations - Take the King’s shilling or fight for the Emperor in smoke-filled Napoleonic field battles! Declare your allegiance to the British Empire, French Empire, Kingdom of Prussia or Russian Empire and strive for dominance over the battlefield.
- Age of Sail - Experience the thrill of naval combat aboard mighty warships from the golden age of sail! Assemble the crew and take to the seven seas as you master several unique ship types each with their own distinct characteristics.
- Regimental Linebattles - Enlist with a regiment and rise through the ranks! Partake in fierce organised events where the community battles in formations relevant to the Napoleonic era. Hone your skills because you can be sure that your opponents will too.
Anvil Game Studios' Version 1.0 trailer for Holdfast: Nations At War. YouTube
Major content update release during Early Access featuring the 50-Gun Frigate. YouTube
Major content update release during Early Access featuring Cavalry Units. YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieDB's 2017 Indie of the Year Top 10" - Holdfast: NaW
- "Steam's Best of 2017 New Releases" - Holdfast: NaW
- "Best Creative Enterprise 2018 by the Malta Art Awards" - Holdfast: NaW
- "Best Creative Enterprise 2019 by the Malta Art Awards" - Holdfast: NaW
Request A Press Key
Contact us on our email to request a press key: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit the following link for a look at all the developer blogs related to the game released thus far: https://www.holdfastgame.com/news/latest.
About Anvil Game Studios
Anvil Game Studios is a game development company based in Malta with an international team of passionate individuals. We are independently developing and producing our debut title ‘Holdfast: Nations At War’ - A competitive multiplayer first and third person shooter set during the Napoleonic Era. Massive battles with over 150 players per server take place in the game.
More information on Anvil Game Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Holdfast: Nations At War Credits
Lead 3D Artist
Senior Programmer - 13th August 2018
Programmer - 1st January 2020
UI Designer, Freelance
Jackson Bedford Beebe
Character Designer, Freelance